What and when is this activity?
The Civil Service Commission (CSC) will once again hold the PCSA Online Photography Contest. CSC Regional Offices will be accepting entries until 13 August 2021.
This year’s theme is Pagtugon ng Lingkod Bayani sa Patuloy na Hamon ng Pandemya, which aims to showcase the coping mechanisms and resilience of our lingkod bayani. The contestants shall convey through their photograph entries the images of the various ways our lingkod bayani has risen to the challenges brought about by the pandemic.
Who may join?
The contest is open to all government workers regardless of employment status except employees of the CSC including their relatives up to second degree of affinity or consanguinity.
What are the guidelines for submission?
1. Each participant is allowed to submit only ONE (1) entry. Upon submission of entry, the contestants grant the CSC full permission to use the photos in any CSC material.
2. Entries shall be submitted to the official email addresses of CSC Regional Office which has jurisdiction over the participants.
3. CSC Regional Offices shall only accept entries submitted through email. Those submitted through other means shall be automatically disqualified.
4. Entries to be submitted shall include the following details:
4.1 Name, sex, age, email address, contact number, and agency name of participant;
4.2 Photograph title;
4.3 Photograph caption (1-2 sentences describing the photograph and its relevance to the theme);
4.4 Place where the photograph was taken (barangay, town/municipality, city, province, region);
4.5 Date when photograph was taken; and
4.6 Camera/device used.
5. File name of photographs should be in the following format:
SURNAME, First Name, Middle Initial.
What are the photo requirements?
1. Photographs must be all original and must not contain copyrighted materials. Only colored photographs will be considered. Black and white or sepia photographs will be automatically disqualified.
2. Photographs must be in digital JPEG or JPG format (horizontal image or vertical image) with at least 300 dpi and maximum file size of 10MB.
3. Photographs must not be digitally altered (colorized, toned, assembled, blended, stitched panorama, etc.) and/or enhanced in any way.
4. Watermarked photographs and those that have been previously submitted or have won in any local or international photography contest will be disqualified.
5. Photographs to be submitted must be taken starting 1 July 2021, the official launch of the photography contest, until 5 p.m. of 30 July 2021
What are the criteria for judging?
Photos will be assessed based on the following criteria:
Content and adherence to the theme (30%)
Visual impact, including color and lighting (25%)
Creativity and originality (25%)
Photograph quality (20%)
What are the prizes?
The top three (3) regional winners will receive the following cash prizes:
1st prize - PHP5,000
2nd prize - PHP3,000
3rd prize - PHP2,000
The top three (3) national winners will receive the following cash prizes:
1st prize - PHP15,000
2nd prize - PHP12,000
3rd prize - PHP10,000
Winners will be notified by email, and the winning photographs will be featured in the CSC website and official Facebook Page.