ADVISORY!

The views and opinions expressed in this forum are those of the online action officers and not necessarily those of the Office for Legal Affairs or the Commission on CSC laws, rules and regulations. Also, be reminded that the views of the action officer is a mere advice that does not bind the office.

When posting, you agree that the administrator has the right to delete your posts or ban your account without prior warning in case of non-observance of any of the guidelines.
Guidelines to clients:

1. Please browse the frequently asked questions first to see if there are already the same or related questions that were asked on your query/ies;
2. Official response to issues shall be provided by the concerned office of the Commission, not through this forum;
3. Requests for the status of the case is not allowed in this forum;
4. Questions regarding the scheduled CSC examination will be deleted;
5. This forum is categorized according to subject matter. Please post your queries in appropriate category;
6. Post a descriptive topic name. Give a short summary of your problem/s;
7. No spam in this forum. Your posts will be deleted and your account will be banned without prior warning;
8. Refrain from posting pictures and offensive words or links. Violation of this rule shall give the administrator the right to delete your posts and ban your account without prior warning;
9. Please report to administrators if you see a user violating any of this guidelines;
10. Be respectful to the administrators and users; and
11. Please avoid text-message style substitution of words like “r” for “are” and “u” for “you”. If your message is difficult to understand the administrator shall inform you to rewrite your message.

Question category of elected barangay officials

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #1633 by lito
lito created the topic: category of elected barangay officials
Hello! good day po..tanong ko lang po kung ang mga elected barangay officials can be considered as government employee. could they be eligible to secure license such as referee or sentensyador or bet keeper or cristo ng sabungan? wala po bang batas na naviviolate in case po ang isang baragay kagawad ay isang referee or sentensyador or any of the officials ng isang sabungan?

salamat po sa pagbigay ng clarification.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #1634 by Action Officer 17
Action Officer 17 replied the topic: category of elected barangay officials
In general, this Office is of the considered view that elected barangay officials are considered as government service on the basis that: (1) the position is created by law (Chapter II, Section 387 of the LGC); (2) they perform government function; (3) barangay officials are considered persons in authority; and (4) they earn leave privileges under Article 172, Rule XII, Rules and Regulations Implementing the LGC of 1991.

As regard your query on whether Barangay Officials are eligible to secure license in cockfighting, this Office opines in the negative. PD 1602 “condemns the existence of illegal gambling activities as this has become an influential factor in an individual’s disregard for the value of dignified work, perseverance and thrift since instant monetary gains from it are being equated to success, thereby becoming a widespread social menace and a source of corruption.” Thus, government officials are prohibited by law to engage in any form of illegal gambling.”

PD 1602 enumerated the Philippine Gambling law, which includes PD 449 (Cockfighting).

The liability, therefore, of a government official/employee engage in illegal gambling is both criminal and administrative.

Please be guided accordingly.

More
2 months 1 week ago #1635 by lito
lito replied the topic: category of elected barangay officials
THANK YOU VERY much sir for your response to my query. i could share your legal opinion to all government officials engaging in any illegal activity..

more power

More
2 months 1 week ago #1636 by lito
THANK YOU VERY much sir for your response to my query. i could share your legal opinion to all government officials engaging in any illegal activity..

more power

More
2 months 1 week ago #1637 by lito

more power

More
2 months 1 week ago #1638 by lito

more power