ADVISORY!

The views and opinions expressed in this forum are those of the online action officers and not necessarily those of the Office for Legal Affairs or the Commission on CSC laws, rules and regulations. Also, be reminded that the views of the action officer is a mere advice that does not bind the office.

When posting, you agree that the administrator has the right to delete your posts or ban your account without prior warning in case of non-observance of any of the guidelines.
Guidelines to clients:

1. Please browse the frequently asked questions first to see if there are already the same or related questions that were asked on your query/ies;
2. Official response to issues shall be provided by the concerned office of the Commission, not through this forum;
3. Requests for the status of the case is not allowed in this forum;
4. Questions regarding the scheduled CSC examination will be deleted;
5. This forum is categorized according to subject matter. Please post your queries in appropriate category;
6. Post a descriptive topic name. Give a short summary of your problem/s;
7. No spam in this forum. Your posts will be deleted and your account will be banned without prior warning;
8. Refrain from posting pictures and offensive words or links. Violation of this rule shall give the administrator the right to delete your posts and ban your account without prior warning;
9. Please report to administrators if you see a user violating any of this guidelines;
10. Be respectful to the administrators and users; and
11. Please avoid text-message style substitution of words like “r” for “are” and “u” for “you”. If your message is difficult to understand the administrator shall inform you to rewrite your message.

Question JOINT CIRCULAR No. 1 s. 2015

More
10 months 1 week ago #1217 by jae r
jae r created the topic: JOINT CIRCULAR No. 1 s. 2015
Hi,

May I ask something regarding JOINT CIRCULAR No. 1 s. 2015, because I recently received a memo from my manager regarding the scheduled overtime yet it is my rest day and I already said that I couldn't render. Since it is a gray area or not included in the said circular, I would like to clarify if this is lawful and punishable since I already said I can't render the said service due to filial obligation.

Hoping for some clarification in this matter.

Thanks,

Jae

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #1219 by Action Officer 26
Action Officer 26 replied the topic: JOINT CIRCULAR No. 1 s. 2015

jae r mayuga wrote: Hi,

May I ask something regarding JOINT CIRCULAR No. 1 s. 2015, because I recently received a memo from my manager regarding the scheduled overtime yet it is my rest day and I already said that I couldn't render. Since it is a gray area or not included in the said circular, I would like to clarify if this is lawful and punishable since I already said I can't render the said service due to filial obligation.

Hoping for some clarification in this matter.

Thanks,

Jae

Dear Jae,

Based on your representation, considering that your office would like to require to render work even if such day would be Sat/Sunday (which is the regular rest day in government) so long as the same is based on exigency of service, you must comply with the same. Should you have prior obligation (personal) you may request reconsideration and approval from your immediate supervisor.

If said order to report to work was issued through an Office Order, it should indicate therein that you would be allow to claim overtime Services and Overtime Pay pursuant to the subject policy which is the one you are mentioning; CSC-DBM Joint Circular No. 1, s. 2015 (attached in this reply for your reference).

Hope to have addressed your concern.

More
10 months 1 week ago #1248 by jae r
jae r replied the topic: JOINT CIRCULAR No. 1 s. 2015
So it means our hands are tied in regards of this? even we have some filial obligation like other employee? if the reason will always be exigency of service (like the usual), shouldn't it be justifiable or isn't it time-bound that the said exigency would be addressed? My apologies if I sound disrespectful but this topic is somehow very confusing.