ADVISORY!

The views and opinions expressed in this forum are those of the online action officers and not necessarily those of the Office for Legal Affairs or the Commission on CSC laws, rules and regulations. Also, be reminded that the views of the action officer is a mere advice that does not bind the office.

When posting, you agree that the administrator has the right to delete your posts or ban your account without prior warning in case of non-observance of any of the guidelines.
Guidelines to clients:

1. Please browse the frequently asked questions first to see if there are already the same or related questions that were asked on your query/ies;
2. Official response to issues shall be provided by the concerned office of the Commission, not through this forum;
3. Requests for the status of the case is not allowed in this forum;
4. Questions regarding the scheduled CSC examination will be deleted;
5. This forum is categorized according to subject matter. Please post your queries in appropriate category;
6. Post a descriptive topic name. Give a short summary of your problem/s;
7. No spam in this forum. Your posts will be deleted and your account will be banned without prior warning;
8. Refrain from posting pictures and offensive words or links. Violation of this rule shall give the administrator the right to delete your posts and ban your account without prior warning;
9. Please report to administrators if you see a user violating any of this guidelines;
10. Be respectful to the administrators and users; and
11. Please avoid text-message style substitution of words like “r” for “are” and “u” for “you”. If your message is difficult to understand the administrator shall inform you to rewrite your message.

Question Protection against supervisor retaliatory for reporting her illegal activities

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #510 by Gov_Employee
Gov_Employee created the topic: Protection against supervisor retaliatory for reporting her illegal activities
(1) Under Article 2, Sec. 27 of the 1987 Constitution, the State shall maintain honesty and integrity in the public service and shall take positive and effective measures against graft and corruption.
(2) Presidential Proclamation No. 591 declares every month of May as Anti-Graft and Corruption Awareness Month.
Every Monday morning we religiously recite the Panunumpa ng Kawani ng Gobyerno giving emphasize to "MAGSASALITA AKO LABAN SA KATIWALIAN...", hence we government employee are mandated by the law to report any illegal and unethical practices in the government particularly in our office. We have moral, social and legal duties to inform the public on what we believe wastage in public resources and revenues committed by fellow government employee be it our immediate supervisor.
(3) Section 4, Chapter 6 of the 1987 Constitution states that no law shall be passed abridging the freedom of speech, of expression or the Press, or the right of the people peaceable to assemble and petition the Government for the redress of their grievance.
May 2017, during our regular office meeting attended by representatives from our personnel and union... i take the initiative and courage to address abuse of authority, negligence to duties and oppressions made by our OIC. I made the statements in good faith without malice and with reasonable purpose and cause. I communicated it with my officemates that i believe have the corresponding duty for they also mandated by the law and to authorities like representative from our Union and Personnel Office for they are part of our agency's Grievance Committee, so they have the power to redress the grievance.
After two months i received a Resolution coming from MTC for i am acussed of GRAVE ORAL DEFAMATION. I paid the necessary bond amounting to P6,000 for my provisional liberty.
Section 1, Article 3 of the 1987 Constitution- NO PERSON SHALL BE DEPRIVED OF LIFE, LIBERTY OR PROPERTY WITHOUT DUE PROCESS OF LAW NOR SHALL ANY PERSON BE DENIED THE EQUAL PROTECTION OF LAWS.
i am denied of my right to a PRELIMINARY INVESTIGATION. the complainant (my immediate supervisor-OIC) and her cohorts presented a malicious and false statements. They failed to make full disclosure of the facts. The complaint of grave oral defamation is made with MALICE, RETALIATION for REPORTING HER ILLEGAL AND UNETHICAL PRACTICES.
How could it be grave oral defamation if i made my statement without malice and improper intention, in good faith and with reasonable purpose. I communicated it to persons with corresponding duties and to authorities to redress the grievance.
What about her (complainant)? how come isn't she's liable in violating the following laws:
RA 3019- Anti Graft and Corrupt Practices Act,
RA 6713- Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards,
Presidential Decree No. 46,
Article 211, Section 2, Title 7 of the Revised Penal Code or RA 3815 and
RA 9485- Anti Red Tape Act
Are there any protection i can avail against my immediate supervisor retaliatory actions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #518 by Action Officer 26
Action Officer 26 replied the topic: Protection against supervisor retaliatory for reporting her illegal activities
Considering that the subject matter of your concern involves more serious allegations and legal issues, we deemed it appropriate that you may opt to consider filing a proper complaint against the official/employee complained of, for proper determination and evaluation of the case. As such, please be guided by Section 10-13, Rule 3 of the 2017 Rules on Administrative Cases in the Civil Service (2017 RACCS)

More
1 week 1 day ago #663 by MJ
MJ replied the topic: Protection against supervisor retaliatory for reporting her illegal activities
It is always true that when you observe irregularities in your office you will not get away from threats like contract will not renewed (for JO and COS) because you are complaining, etc. How are we protected from this so we can have courage to inform the government what's really going on in the public office?